Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hot trend - Pink and Red Combos

So....one of the ladies at the office today, while reviewing some ads before they went live, commented on the color scheme and that she didn't like the colors pink and red next to each other because they clash.

Traditionally, that statement is true. But as I explained, Pink and Red are hardly a fashion faux pas but rather a Haute Combo!

Victoria Justice, JoJo, Sarah Jessica Parker

Of course SJP on the right will always have her finger on the pulse of the latest trend and she will ALWAYS work it!. JoJo in the middle I feel wore it best of the three pictured here. Victoria's color block cut out dress (on the right) is just a little too much for my taste.

I think a red skinny or wide leg tailored pant and chic red blouse will be your best bet when taking on this fashion challenge. You can set the style off with a nice pair of nude pumps or for a bit of an edge I would pair JoJo's ensemble with your favorite pair of animal print heels.

What do you think?

The pink and red combo is done best with separates. My reasoning behind this is simply in anticipation of the next fashion trend which will render the pink and red combo obsolete. This way you will still have functional pieces that can carry you into the fashion future.

Enjoy

-Elle xoxo



Favorite Pink and Red Pieces
Pink Blouse - ASOS
Red Wide leg pant - ASOS

2 comments:

  1. I luv it here! Thanks for sharing!!! SJP can do noooo FASHION wrong to me! Hmmm wondering *IF it has somen to do with all the *Sex in the City* series. Just Luv this look. Not sure of the shoes... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought SJP's white shoes were a bit off too! Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete